Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Insomnia Linked to Diabetes Risk

A study (#0866) being presented later this morning as a poster indicates that insomnia with short sleep duration is associated with an increased risk of diabetes. Yesterday the same research team presented an abstract (#0868) showing that chronic insomnia with objective short sleep duration in men also is associated with an increased risk for mortality.

In the April 1 issue of the journal SLEEP, the researchers also published
a study showing that chronic insomnia with objectively measured short sleep time is an independent and clinically significant risk factor for hypertension. Read an AASM press release about the study.

According to the authors, these results indicate that objective sleep duration may predict the medical severity of chronic insomnia, and they suggest that the medical impact of insomnia has been previously underestimated.


You can download the SLEEP 2009 abstract supplement as an 11 MB file in PDF format.

3 comments:

  1. Hands down, Apple's app store wins by a mile. It's a huge selection of all sorts of apps vs a rather sad selection of a handful for Zune. Microsoft has plans, especially in the realm of games, but I'm not sure I'd want to bet on the future if this aspect is important to you. The iPod is a much better choice in that case. Cartoon Sex Video Clips Cartoon Sex Videos Ebony Sex Clips Ebony Sex Galleries Ebony Sex Movies Ebony Sex Mpegs Ebony Sex Mpgs Ebony Sex Pics Ebony Sex Pictures Ebony Sex Pix Ebony Sex Video Clips

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have imsomnia I don't why... I don't have diabetes and there's no medical story on my family, since I remember I have imsomnia and I can't sleep well, I have rings under my eyes since I remember.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete